A revised and updated version of
Abraham Kuyper: An Annotated Bibliography 1857-2010 by Tjitze Kuipers (2011)
You can buy a printed edition of this book on the site of the publisher.
This collection of parliamentary addresses was published in order to correct the historical record, which the press and even contemporary members of the Second Chamber had distorted, about what Kuyper had said during his first period as a member of Parliament. It reprints nearly all his parliamentary speeches from the parliamentary sessions 1873–1874, 1874–1875, and 1875–1876, as well as several interpellations.
The twenty-nine chapters of the book, which treat many issues of principle, are divided into six rubrics:
- 1. The colonial question (chapters 1–10, which include Kuyper’s speeches from 1881.06 and also section 254 on the colonial question from “Our program” [see 1879.04 and 1888.14])
- 2. The social question (chapters 11–18)
- 3. The electoral question (chapter 19)
- 4. The education question (chapters 20–25)
- 5. The church question (chapters 26–28)
- 6. The relations between parties (chapter 29)
The collection also includes the date on which the speeches were originally given and page references to the volumes of the Report of the Acts of the Second Chamber of the States-General, from which the speeches were reprinted. For the reprinted material see 1874.03, 1874.08, 1875.04, 1875.08, and 1881.06.